Deadline: 17 July 2020
The Art Textile Biennale seeks to exhibit the best of contemporary art textiles and invites submissions that reflect a wide range of works related to the textile medium. The goal of the exhibition is to include innovative work rooted primarily in textile as well as art that explores unexpected relationships between textile and other creative disciplines.
The exhibition runs in conjunction with
East Gippsland Art Gallery, Bairnsdale, Victoria —
16th October – 28th November 2020
Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery, Toowoomba, Queensland
3rd April – 31st May 2021
Traveling Exhibition: Accepted artists will be asked to give permission for their work to travel.
All work selected for touring should be available for up to two (2) years beginning December 2020.
Work on tour will be insured. Work will be returned upon tour completion.
A full colour catalogue of the exhibition will be published.
Up to two artworks per applicant are allowed.
Entries must be original work completed after 31th December 2018.
All work must be primarily in textile or executed in a textile technique. Work must be original in concept and design and not be the result of a class or workshop.
Work must not exceed 2 metres in any single dimension.
A fee – AU$50.00 non-refundable per entry, with up to two (2) entries per person must be paid at the time of application.
Application will be done online via Fibre Arts Australia: https://www.fibrearts.net.au/art-textile-biennale/
Artists may submit up to two (2) works.
- Entries close 17 July 2020
- Artists informed by 17 August 2020
- Delivery of artworks to the EAST GIPPSLAND ART GALLERY gallery: Friday 9th or Tuesday 13 October 2020 Including delivery docket and direct deposit details. If posted, return postage must be included with the art work.
- Award selection Wednesday 14 October 2020
- Opening Night & winner announced Friday 16 October 2020
- Bairnsdale Exhibition open 16 October – 28 November 2020
- All the finalist entries will be transported to TOOWOOMBA REGIONAL ART GALLERY for that exhibition, after 1 December 2020
- Toowoomba exhibtion dates: 3rd April – 31 May 2021
- Works will be returned two weeks after the close of the Toowoomba exhibtion
Exhibition: october 2020 – May 2021
Deadline 17 July 2020
The Art Textile Biennale is produced and managed by Fibre Arts Australia.
More infos: https://www.fibrearts.net.au/art-textile-biennale/art-textile-biennale-conditions-of-entry/