Deadline: the 5th March 2022
Biennal: , from the 3rd September to the 30th October 2022
Open Calls for the International Exhibition and the Artistic Residencies of Contextile 2022 – Contemporary Textile Art Biennial
CONTEXTILE invites all artists, national and internationally, to present artworks for selection to the International Exhibition, integrated in the programme of its 6th Edition, Contextile 2022
In this edition, the Contextile biennial will focuse its activities on the thematic concept RE-MAKE – Dialogues for a textile culture, transversal to all the rubrics of its programmatic contents
The International Competitive Exhibition will be composed by 50 artworks from 50 artists. Will also be accepted and selected 2 artworks for implementation in the outdoors (public space).
The interested artists may apply with new creations or recent artworks, until the 5th March 2022, being accepted all artistic expressions in the visual arts disciplines. The proposals and artworks submitted for the competition will have to be around the textile element, through its concept, theme, techniques or materials. The artworks will have to be highly creative, original and technically competent. Will be accepted artworks of free thematics or developed from the thematic concept.
- Each artist may present 2 (two) artistic works, of which only 1 (one) may be selected.
- The maximum size for a two-dimensional artwork: 300 cm (height) x 300 cm (width). 8. The maximum size for a three-dimensional artwork: 200 cm (height) x 200 cm (width) x 200 cm (depth). 9. Maximum weight for each work: 30 Kg
- The costs of the shipping and return of the artworks are at the responsibility of the participant, if selected for the exhibition.
All the rules here
The jury will award
– An Acquisition Prize of €6.000,00 (six thousand Euros)
– An Honourable Mentions
– An ATP Acquisition prize and the ASM Acquisition prize, in the amount of €2.500,00 (two thousand and five hundred euros) each.
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTIC RESIDENCIES
15th July to 31st August 2022 | Guimarães | Portugal
Applications must be submitted until the 09th January 2022 to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contextile 2022, following a strategy of cooperation and approximation between the Embroidery of Guimarães and the Textile Industry with the contemporary textile art, summoned artists, national and international, to conduct artistic residencies having as objective the creation and production of artistic works from the concept proposed by the Biennial.
- The Biennial assures the reception of the artist during the time of the residency – at the maximum of 40 days – (housing, food and local travel).
- The Biennial guarantees the attribution of a fee – pocket money – in the amount of 500,00€ (five hundred euros) to each artist in residency.
- The Biennial assures all the technical conditions and necessary materials as well as the monitoring by the Artistic Direction.
- Traveling are of the artists entire responsibility (we suggest artists to appeal for supports and/or financing for mobility).
- BE CAREFUL: The artworks resulting from the residencies will become part of the Biennial’s estate.
All information here :
Biennal: from the 3rd September to the 30th October 2022
OPEN CALL FOR THE INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION
Contextile 2022 – Contemporary Textile Art Biennial wich will take place in the city of Guimarães, Portugal
From the 3rd September to the 30th October 2022
Deadline : the 5th march 2022
+ infos: https://contextile.pt/2022/en/
OPEN CALL FOR AN ARTISTIC RESIDENCIES
From 15th July to 31st August 2022 | Guimarães | Portugal
Deadline: until the 09th January 2022
+ infos: https://contextile.pt/2022/en/contextile-2022-artistic-residencies/